Whether your work site is situated in a busy or out-of-the-way location, it is crucial to secure traffic control service in Seattle from a certified agency. Securing unauthorized flagging service will put your job site’s safety and efficiency at risk.
5 Ways Certified Traffic Management Experts Improve Your Work Zones
Only certified traffic control companies—with their training, experience, industrial equipment, and in-depth knowledge of local laws—cover all the solutions required by various types of work zones. Here are some of the ways they elevate work zone safety and efficiency:
- Develop customized traffic control plans
All work zones must have a traffic control plan that is tailored to their unique geography and conditions—and no one can develop this plan better than professional flaggers. The plan is divided into two parts:
• Internal traffic control covers the safety and efficiency of the people, vehicles, and equipment in the work zone’s boundaries.
• Site traffic control ensures the safety of people and vehicles passing through the job site.
Traffic management plans developed by expert flaggers also include measures for all types of accidents, emergencies, and weather conditions.
- Patrol work zones regularly
Placing your work zone under the supervision of a certified professional flagger in Seattle has a lot of advantages. They include:
• Providing emergency assistance vehicles whenever necessary (e.g., help stalled vehicles, deal with accidents, etc.)
• Helping stranded commuters or motorists
• Ensuring the implementation of traffic guidelines
• Updating traffic routes and guidelines to accommodate the unexpected (e.g., sudden rainfall, road accident, etc.)
For these reasons, traffic management patrols are a must for projects covering expansive work sites.
- Set up passive radars with customizable message signs
To improve driver behavior, traffic control companies install an unmanned radar gun that’s configured to display a readout comparing a vehicle’s speed with the work zone’s speed limit. They set it up in advance on locations with high-volume or erratic traffic patterns.
- Implement traffic control operations at night
When deemed necessary, any traffic control agency in Seattle can provide a full-time team to maintain traffic management operations on site. In addition to continuing the established control strategies in the work zone, the flaggers will also:
• improve the visibility of traffic management devices
• move the transition areas to higher points to enhance their visibility
• ensure all traffic signals are appropriate to the road conditions at the time
- Provide traffic control solutions on the spot
Ensuring mobility in your work zones can require round the clock traffic management.
It involves enforcing safety guidelines, (re)directing traffic routes, decongesting high-volume areas, and instructing passerby among other things.
Certified professional flaggers are experts in all these tasks and more. In case something unexpected interferes with your work zone operations, they can take measures to address or minimize its repercussions immediately.
Keep Your Work Zones Safe and Efficient
Secure expert traffic control service in Seattle for your work site. Professional flaggers ensure the safety of everyone on site—from your construction workers to passing people. They also take measures to improve your operation’s efficiency. Prepare your work zone for all eventualities by hiring a certified traffic management company.