Very few people enjoy perfect vision for their whole lives. At one point or another, you’ll likely require the use of eyeglasses or contacts to correct issues like presbyopia. You might even have considered going for eye surgery. A lot of people talk to a Lasik surgeon in Orange County, discuss financing, then hesitate about going for Lasik due to the upfront costs. However, if you think you’re saving money by choosing eyeglasses, a few facts can make you change your mind.
A Lifetime of Savings
Side by side, Lasik surgery will naturally look more expensive than eyeglasses. That will change once you start thinking about how much eyeglasses cost during the course of a lifetime.
According to Consumer Reports, eyeglasses will cost you around $300 dollars a pair every couple of years or so. Keep in mind that prescriptions are not permanent. In fact, our vision tends to get worse over time as we grow older, and you’ll likely need to change prescriptions numerous times. That amounts to thousands of dollars which you’ll barely notice since they come in small increments.
Worse, changing prescriptions is the only reason you need to buy new glasses. They often get broken or misplaced, and you also need to buy a spare pair just to be safe.
In contrast, laser eye surgery is a one-time investment that gains value over time. After all, you get to do so many things with ease when you have perfect vision as opposed to deteriorating eyesight.
If you’re worried about the upfront costs, you’re not alone. That’s exactly why Lasik financing in Orange County is readily available for everyone. You can spread out the payment in a more comfortable setup for you, allowing you to enjoy restored eyesight without being a big burden to your pockets.
Now, we can’t talk about the hidden costs of eyeglasses without talking about how it affects one’s lifestyle.
Simply put, eyeglasses can limit your activities significantly. For example:
- A lot of athletic activities like scuba diving, basketball, and football are very difficult to play while wearing eyeglasses. You can wear corrective goggles, but it’s expensive and cumbersome.
- Eyeglass wearers constantly worry about losing, breaking, or scratching their eyeglasses.
- Eyeglasses come with many inconveniences like fogging up and requiring frequent adjustments to stay in the right position.
- Dealing with the “four eyes” syndrome.
- The anxiety of always having to check whether you have your eyeglasses with you especially when you’re away from home, like on vacation.
- Difficulty and expense of replacing broken or missing eyeglasses especially during an emergency.
Eyeglasses might seem like an inexpensive alternative to corrective eye surgery in Orange County, but the truth becomes clear once you factor in the how much stress and hassle they can cause.
Regain Your Freedom
For many patients, the freedom they get by regaining their vision is worth the cost of Lasik alone. And it’s true; you don’t have to depend on eyeglasses anymore after you’ve had Lasik surgery. You can just go about your day and achieve everything you want to do without worrying whether you’ll be able to see properly.
If you’re tired of wearing eyeglasses and would like a long-term solution to your vision problems, then it’s an excellent idea to schedule a consultation with a Lasik surgeon as soon as you can.