As a pet owner, part of your daily routine is to clean up pet mess. However, when you have a natural lawn, adding more to your chores are the debris, emanating odor, and pests that you have to constantly deal with. The good news is with pet-friendly artificial grass for dogs in Manteca, you won’t have to deal with these problems anymore. Synthetic turf offers numerous advantages that real grass can only hope to match, including:
- Easy maintenance
- No mowing or mulching
- No need for fertilizer to thrive
- Pest- and chemical-free lawn
- 15 to 20 years warranty
As a wonderful alternative to natural grass, artificial turf is made to look good all year-round. However, in order to keep its pristine and lush appearance, you also need to do your part. Proper maintenance is essential, especially if you have pets at home.
Maintenance Tips for Pet-friendly Artificial Grass for Dogs
Cleaning synthetic turf is a must if you have pets. Follow these tips to keep your artificial grass putting greens in Manteca looking fantastic despite Fido’s rough play.
Artificial turf is made with a proprietary drainage system that drains liquids through to the substrate underneath the drainage. As such, you won’t have to worry about emanating odor. To make sure the spot remains clean and odor-free, you may do the following:
• Give your yard a gentle rinse using clean water. This will wash off anything clinging to the surface and drain it down to the infill.
• Hose down your lawn regularly. Of course, you will not be at home 24/7 to monitor your pooch’s activities. Your next best option is to schedule regular lawn cleaning to ensure every spot is dirt-free.
• If you notice that certain parts of the artificial grass putting greens are extra smelly than others, mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Use this concoction to spray the area and get rid of the smell effectively.
The best way to deal with solid waste is to remove it right away. As a pet owner, you are probably accustomed to this right now. Pick up the waste immediately to avoid drying out. Once the dirt is removed, rinse the spot with clean water to eliminate the lingering mess. Try the following tricks to avoid dealing with lawn mess altogether:
• Create a specific “bathroom” space on your yard where your canine is allowed to go. This could be a small fenced area on your turf.
• Train your dog to use the spot exclusively for defecating. Assist him until he learns to adopt the behavior.
• Condition your pooch by giving him a reward once he accomplishes the task.
Canines rarely dig on synthetic turf. In addition, it’s almost impossible for them to dig through the artificial grass since it is made with nylon/polypropylene fibers. However, if it can’t be helped, try the following:
• Teach your pooch to extend his energy in other things to keep him from digging.
• If you notice the same behavior, redirect his attention to someplace else where treats are hidden.
• Play with him using active toys, such as balls or disks.
Bonus: Inform your artificial grass installer in Manteca right away regarding your pets. Doing so will allow them to discuss with you the various options they can implement to lessen pet dirt on your lawn. For instance, they may install additional grass deodorizer to lessen emanating odor and a membrane to facilitate air circulation between the base and the grass, among others.
Get your artificial lawn ready for your four-legged friends! Make the switch to pet-friendly artificial grass for dogs in Manteca, and experience the synthetic turf difference!