Your eye specialist has recommended Lasik eye surgery for your optical condition. So now, you must look for a Lasik eye center in Los Angeles.
If your doctor has referred you to a facility, then you can schedule a consultation there as soon as possible. If you’re on your own with your search, however, it would be best to establish all your options. Either way, you must be prepared for your visit to your potential clinics. Here are some of the things that you need to do before your appointments.
- Gather all the necessary documents.
These documents include:
- All eye-related medical exams that you had to accomplish for your previous doctors
- Your prescriptions, particularly those that were given to you for your eye condition and those that you take for maintenance (if there are any)
- Your symptom journal (if you kept one)
- Your health card or health insurance
- A detailed list of your past and current medical problems
If your eye specialist recommended the Lasik clinic that you’re visiting, don’t forget to take a referral slip with you.
- Get to know the Lasik eye clinic you are visiting.
Start by doing an online search. Look for and browse their website. Find out:
- their clinic’s location
- who their Lasik surgeons are
- the background of their Lasik specialists
- how well equipped they are to facilitate the procedure
- how long they’ve been conducting Lasik eye surgery
- what’s the coverage of their Lasik surgery treatments
- the success rate of their operations since their establishment
- if the clinic offers payment or financing options other than cash
Also, find out if Los Angeles Lasik vision correction is the only procedure they offer or do they facilitate other treatments. Establish these information for all your potential Lasik eye surgery facilities.
- Find as much as you can about the procedure.
Especially, what it involves and how long it lasts. That way you’ll have a general idea of the treatment during your consultation. Instead of asking questions and relying solely on the information the surgeon provides, you can clarify what you know about the procedure.
- Prepare a list of questions.
It’ll help you make the most out of your appointment. Here are some of the questions that you need to ask during your initial consultations:
- Who is to operate on me?
- What do I need to do in preparation for the operation?
- Are there any medications that I can’t take before and after the procedure?
- What happens before, during, and after the operation?
- What are the immediate side effects of the operation?
- How long can I stay at the facility after the surgery?
- Will I need someone to accompany me home after the surgery?
- What should I do and shouldn’t do during the recovery process?
- When do I need to return to the clinic?
Also, if the website didn’t provide any of the information that was listed in the previous point, consider asking about them as well.
Make sure you’re undergoing laser eye surgery in Los Angeles with a great clinic. Maximize your initial appointments to find the best one. Prepare for them with these tips.